Sunday, May 15, 2011

Beautiful Beds & an update on the girls

Here are some pics from the restaurant we went to for Mother's day. It was a great location for photo ops








It's been a while since I posted an update on the girls. They have been living outside in their chicken tractor for a few weeks now and seem to enjoy it. I planted my vegetable bed this weekend and collected all of the grubs I came across for the girls and did they ever love them!





After three years of disappointment my apple tree finally flowered...does this mean we will get our first apple? Only time will tell.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful garden grounds! and happy chicks!

Chloe m said...

I really like the buggy filled with flowers. I love those chickens.
I had my own hen when I was a kid, Henriette and that reminded me of her.

SouthCoast Guy said...

Thanks, raising chickens is still pretty new to me, but so far it has been a great experience

Kelly said...

I hope you get (at least) an apple, I am worried on my end from all this rain....we had our first home grown apple last year and it was quite exciting.

SouthCoast Guy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Beverly Kiser Hayes said...

beautiful landscaping! we have silver lace wyandottes (spelling?) my son is completely enthralled with chickens... they are entertaining to watch! and nice to have your own farm fresh eggs (in the city for us!)