Saturday, February 18, 2012

A good day for some yard work

It was another beautiful February day...wow...that just sounds strange! The weather was in the 40's and sunny so I was able to do a few chores!


I let the girls roam the garden in winter, but they do create a bit of a mess while scratching around for bugs. The back and left edge of the garden is mulched and the girls managed to throw a lot of the mulch out onto the stone so I spent some time cleaning it up.


I also did some grading work around the coop. I still need to bring in some more soil, the plan is to create beds around the front of the coop, plant some shrubs and flowers, the rest will be grass.


The girls just can't resist freshly turned over dirt.




3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your coop is just beautiful! i can only imagine how it'll look once it is landscaped! :)

(oh no! you have word verification! would you consider removing it!? please??!!?)

TexWisGirl said...

hurray!!!! thank you!!!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

Wow! We have decent weather here too, but not quite as nice as you!! I'm sure the girls (and you) are enjoying it.