Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just when I thought winter had arrived

I thought winter had finally arrived and then it was in the 50's yesterday....that's New England for ya

I wanted to take advantage of the nice weather so I brought my potted plants out


The purple pot is a Hot Portugal (hot pepper) plant. I had it on my deck all summer and it has spent the winter in my laundry room (below). It had one lone pepper, which I picked last week.



Then I let the girls out for some exercise. Their new favorite spot is around the compost pile.



Then I spotted this guy high on top of a pine tree checking out the girls. I'm not sure if he is capable of picking them up and taking off with them, but I didn't want to take any chances so back in the coop they went!


2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

good call on the hawk! even if it couldn't carry them off, i think it'd kill a hen easy enough!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

yes he can. Yikes! Did you get snow today? We received about 4 inches. Our girls were not at all impressed. :)